The Journal of the Norwegian Medical Association
The Journal of the Norwegian Medical Association is a peer-review general medical journal published online and on paper. It is PubMed-indexed.
The paper version is distributed to medical doctors, medical students, libraries, hospitals, and most medical institutions in Norway. The online journal follows an open-access model and generates a average of 26.000 pageviews a day (Jan. - June 2019).
Publication language is mainly Norwegian, with an English summary published online for all scientific articles, but a growing number of articles are translated from Norwegian to English and published in full text in both languages. The Journal follows the recommendations of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) and is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), and is the official journal for members of The Norwegian Medical Association.
- to be a journal for medical education stimulating continued learning for clinicians
- to stimulate medical research and advances in medical practice
- to contribute to shaping of attitudes among doctors by further development of the ethical and cultural ideals in the medical tradition
- to promote debates on health politics
- to be a journal for the members of The Norwegian Medical Association
Circulation (August 2019): 32.520
Number of manuscripts received annually: about 1.500
Subscription fee: 2 900 NOK (+ additional postage fees for subscribers abroad)