The Journal of the Norwegian Medical Association
Tidsskriftet is the Journal of the Norwegian Medical Association (JNMA) is a peer-review general medical journal published online and on a bi-weekly schedule on paper. JDMA is published is PubMed-indexed.
The paper version of JDMA is distributed to medical doctors, medical students, libraries, hospitals, and most medical institutions in Norway. The online journal follows an open-access model and attracts about 10-15.000 daily visitors.
Publication language is mainly Norwegian, with an English summary published online for all scientific articles, but a growing number of articles are translated from Norwegian to English and published in full text in both languages. The Journal is member of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) and the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), and is the official journal for members of The Norwegian Medical Association.
Purpose of JNMA:
- to be an journal for medical education stimulating continued learning for clinicians
- to stimulate medical research and advances in medical practice
- to contribute to shaping of attitudes among doctors by further development of the ethical and cultural ideals in the medical tradition
- to promote debates on health politics
- to be a journal for the members of The Norwegian Medical Association
Circulation (September 2015): 30 200
Number of manuscripts received annually: about 1 500
Subscription fee: 2 600 NOK (+ additional postage fees for subscribers abroad)