The Journal of the Norwegian Medical Association
The paper version is distributed to medical doctors, students, libraries, hospitals, and other institutions in Norway. The online journal follows an open-access model and attracts about 9 000 visitors daily. Podcasts, web-TV, videos, knowledge tests and online supplements to articles are also published online.
Publication language is mainly Norwegian, with an English summary published online for all scientific articles, but a growing number of articles are translated from Norwegian to English and published in full text in both languages. The Journal is member of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) and the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), and is the official journal for members of The Norwegian Medical Association.
- to be an organ for medical education that stimulates continued learning for clinicians
- to stimulate medical research and advances in medical practice
- to contribute to shaping of attitudes among doctors by further development of the ethical and cultural ideals in the medical tradition
- to promote debates on health politics
- to be a journal for the members of The Norwegian Medical Association
Circulation (April 2013): 28 650
Number of manuscripts received annually: about 1 500
Subscription fee: 2 500 NOK (+ additional postage fees for subscribers abroad)